Sunday, December 30, 2012

Anything Goes "SWEET" Challange


It's the fifth Sunday of the month, which means we're having an anything goes challenge featuring the card design team AND the layout design team!

Our challenge this week is inspired by "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory." Create any sweet-themed project! Cards layouts, 3D, altered items, any paper crafts are welcome as long as they feature something sweet. Think candy, cupcakes, cookies, etc.

  

Our fabulous sponsor this week is Vampire Craftin! (OH THAT IS ME>>>>) One lucky, randomly chosen winner will receive a FREE blog makeover!  
You can find my other designs here http://www.etsy.com/shop/VampireCraftin  and 
on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Vampire-Craftin/168806933169687

Along with the randomly chosen winner of this week's challenge, the design team will also be taking a look at ALL of the submissions and voting on their top three "spotlight"submissions. The spotlight submissions, along with the random winner, will be announced on Tuesday January 8th and will receive a special badge for their blogs.


Here's my project for this week's challenge:
I am deterimined to only use the supplies that I have and not to purchase anything more.  You have seen my craft cabinet RIGHT?  I used all scraps.  The white paper is a textured 12x12 sheet.  The title is silver brad letters.  YEA I had the letters to spell months.  and the 4 is a chip board letter I covered with the left over stripe paper.  NOW I used some embroidery floss and made the title and swirls.  It was alot of work.  But it is SWEET....I used a pencil and lightly wrote what I wanted by hand.  It would have been cleaner if I had done it by hand but....whatever.  I then used a needle and pierced the paper and then went back and erased the lines.   This made it easy to stitch on my page.  I couldn't have purchased letters that filled the page as well as my hand stitching.  Now that I have done this I will use this more often.  Now that I know how.  The first time is the hardest.  If you try this let me know...I want to see.


No comments:

Post a Comment