Sunday, August 25, 2013

Shark Week & Sharknado Cupcakes


We love Shark Week....and We really liked the super ridicules movie Sharknaodo.  For Shark Week 2013, we made cupcakes for desert to start off the week with a delicious bang...

No for both cupcake I used Chocolate Cake Mix.
For the icing.  I used this recipe and added blue food coloring..

Now for the shark fin and sharknado...I used Wilton white Chocolate.  I tried different colors...but I just decided to do white...the grey just isn't appetizing...

To melt the chocolate.  I take my tea pot  and heat water.  I then have a set of nesting bowls that I use...the small one at the bottom full of hot water then I top place the larger bowl to keep the chocolate chips submerged in the water for an easy melt...




To make the shark fin....either free hand your shark fin on a sheet of paper or print out shark fins...I freehanded mine because it was just for fun for my family...




1.  Once you have made your templates (by the way it can be anything????? then place your template under a sheet of wax paper and trace it with your squeeze bottle...Not the chocolate isn't very hot so it is perfect if your kids want to make their own...


2.  Allow to cool I like to refrigerate mine.  then just Peel of the page and top on your cupcakes.


SHARKnado Cupcakes


for the sharknado cupcakes I just free-handed a swirly tornado shape...make the lines as thick as you can...I had a few break...I then used some blue fish in the swirl before it cooled as my sharks.  The fish were just in the cake decorating isle at the supermarket.  I really looked for Sharks..but I think these work...My kids loved them and they were super fun...


No comments:

Post a Comment